Alamo Bowl Links:
- Rob Moseley has several post-game stories up from San Antonio, including a recap, a story on Marcus Mariota's return to full health, the defense coming up big in Nick Aliotti's final game, and finishing Mark Helfrich's first season as head coach with a win and an 11-2 record.
- Jason Quick offers his own Alamo bowl recap, including a some quotes from players and coaches.
- Josh Huff's record-setting performance included setting the single-season receiving yardage mark (1,140) and tying Jeff Maehl's single-season touchdown record (12). Huff also tied the career receiving touchdown record with 24.
- Oregon did not escape last night's victory unscathed as sophomore Tyler Johnstone suffered a torn ACL in the second quarter. Here's hoping for a full and speedy recovery.
- Andrew Grief notes that last night's offensive performance set a new team record for total offense in a single season. Mariota also broke Jeremiah Masoli's record for career rushing yardage by a quarterback.
Quote of the Day:
I’ll remember this day for the rest of my life, I'm kind of trying to hold back my emotions right now because that man means so much to me and he's done so much for this team and this program. I'm glad we were able to send him out right.
- Near the end of last night's game, it was reported that Justin Wilcox will join Steve Sarkisian in LA as the defensive coordinator for the Trojans. Interestingly, there will be no buyout payment to UW.
- The unbeaten men's basketball team is up to #10 in the latest AP poll. The Ducks kick off the conference schedule this week with a road trip to take on Utah and Colorado.
- In what's become a common occurrence, Chrishae Rowe was named the Pac-12 freshman of the weekafter her 28-point performance in Oregon/s rout of Cal State Northridge on Sunday. This is the fourth time Rowe has earned the honor.