USA TODAY Sports
It sure is great to not have to write about blown games on Thursday morning. Oregon pulled out another Artis-less victory last night as the Ducks swept washington for the first time since 1995.
- Despite missing Dominic Artis for the 6th straight game, and last night the Ducks beat washington for the 2nd time during that stretch. Oregon's defense clamped down, held Uw to 52 points, and Jonathan Loyd scored some huge buckets down the stretch to get a 65-52 victory.
- Unfortunately, Johnathan Loyd injured his leg late in the game. He claims to have hyperextended his knee, but if he misses any playing time, the Ducks are going to have to get really creative. As the Daily Emerald notes, Altman already did that a bit against the Huskies.
- John Canzano plays Debbie Downer and writes that the Pac-12 stinks. Unfortunately, he's right. The Ducks somehow managed only 9 turnovers last night, but there were large stretches of the game where both teams looked like they'd never played basketball before.
- We talked a couple days ago in the quack fix comments about Oregon's no-visit policy. Ted Miller has a few more thoughts.
- Lastly, former Duck football player Terrance Pritchett has been celebrating Valentine's week in style, giving out free hugs outside the Duck Store.
That's all the quack I got. Leave anything else below. Happy Valentine's Day, and GO DUCKS!