I already miss the 'stache - Scott Olmos-USA TODAY Sports
Basketball team may have lost their top 10 status (and after today probably top 25 too), but the other spring sports like baseball, softball and track are cruising. Plenty of quack from another winning weekend of Ducks sports, so let's dive right in:
- Nice redemptive win by the Ducks on the hardwood Saturday as they bounced back from a buzzer beating loss against Cal to pummel Stanford 77-66. Biggest story of the game was the play of Johnathan Loyd. Two things on this, 1) Oregon is so much better when the point guard is a scoring and offensive threat. Not having to play 4 on 5 on the offensive end adds so much to their game and 2) I contend that Oregon is better when EJ Singler is not the #1 option on offense. Emory, Kazemi and Dotson are so much more athletic than EJ right now, that if they are attacking on offense there is a greater chance Oregon will be successful.
- Obviously, everyone is hopeful that Artis is able to return soon. Even though Loyd has stepped up his play the last 2 weeks, adding Artis back into the rotation is a late season addition that no other team in the Pac match. It would be like adding an All-Star level point guard to a team leading their conference in the NBA at the trade deadline.
- Another good weekend for the Diamond Ducks as they won their home season opening series against Loyola Marymount. The Ducks capped off the weekend with a 6-1 victory behind the bat of Tyler Baumgartner. The pitching seemed to struggle in the home opener on Friday, but they bounced back on Saturday and Sunday 2 runs in the final 2 games.
- Staying on the Diamond, the Lady Ducks Softball team wrapped up an impressive weekend of their own down in Palm Springs where they went 5-0 and kept a firm grasp on their top 10 status.
- Back-to-back-to-back-to-back women's NCAA indoor champions. Track Town.
- Meh, at least we beat WSU twice.
- Of course he was impressive in the drills, the point of them is to avoid contact and that's always what he's done best.
That's all the quack I got for now, leave any other pieces in the comments below.