- Nice redemptive win by the Ducks on the hardwood Saturday as they bounced back from a buzzer beating loss against Cal to pummel Stanford 77-66. Biggest story of the game was the play of Johnathan Loyd. Two things on this, 1) Oregon is so much better when the point guard is a scoring and offensive threat. Not having to play 4 on 5 on the offensive end adds so much to their game and 2) I contend that Oregon is better when EJ Singler is not the #1 option on offense. Emory, Kazemi and Dotson are so much more athletic than EJ right now, that if they are attacking on offense there is a greater chance Oregon will be successful.
- Obviously, everyone is hopeful that Artis is able to return soon. Even though Loyd has stepped up his play the last 2 weeks, adding Artis back into the rotation is a late season addition that no other team in the Pac match. It would be like adding an All-Star level point guard to a team leading their conference in the NBA at the trade deadline.
- Another good weekend for the Diamond Ducks as they won their home season opening series against Loyola Marymount. The Ducks capped off the weekend with a 6-1 victory behind the bat of Tyler Baumgartner. The pitching seemed to struggle in the home opener on Friday, but they bounced back on Saturday and Sunday 2 runs in the final 2 games.
- Staying on the Diamond, the Lady Ducks Softball team wrapped up an impressive weekend of their own down in Palm Springs where they went 5-0 and kept a firm grasp on their top 10 status.
- Back-to-back-to-back-to-back women's NCAA indoor champions. Track Town.
- Meh, at least we beat WSU twice.
- Of course he was impressive in the drills, the point of them is to avoid contact and that's always what he's done best.
That's all the quack I got for now, leave any other pieces in the comments below.