With basketball nearing the end of the regular season, baseball having just begun and the NFL combine, the quack is plentiful. Enjoy.
- After a split at home, the men's basketball team remained in the AP top 25 at #24 while slipping to to the second team receiving votes in the USA Today poll. With just three regular season games left, the Ducks RPI is currently down to 49th, good for fifth-best in the conference.
- Aaron Fetnress has a nice profile on new defensive line coach Ron Aiken.
- At the NFL combine yesterday, it sounds like Dion Jordan made an impressive showing, coming in third in the 40 and fourth in the broad jump for his position group. After the combine, Jordan will finally have surgery on the torn labrum that the played through at the end of last season with an expected recovery time of three to four months.
- With the final day of the combine today focusing on defensive backs, it will be interesting to see how much John Boyett participates as he continues to recover from knee surgery.
- In case you missed it yesterday, Ted Miller had Marcus Mariota as his #1 player from conference in 2012. Miller followed that up with a quick review that breaks down the list by team and by position. And, in regards to DAT not making this year's list, Miller only writes: "the Ducks and Stanford had a couple of elite guys who were left off. So, basically, no one is happy."
- In his weekly look around the conference, Bob Clark examines some basketball coaches that are on the hot seat, including Craig Robinson, Ken Bone and Johnny Dawkins. Oregon comes in third in his rankings this week, behind California and Arizona.
- The baseball team has a mid-week game tonight at PK Park as they take on Portland, with either Jeff Gold or Christian Jones as the likely starter. Later this week, the Ducks will travel to take on #17 Call State Fullerton.
- Finally, the women's Cross Country team was named the scholar team of the year by the U.S. Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association.