USA TODAY Sports
The real NCAA tournament starts today, and I can't even tell you how glad I am to have Oregon playing in it. It's been 5 long years, but the Ducks tip off against Oklahoma State at 1:40pm PST on TNT.
- What else can be said about E.J. Singler? He is the one constant of a program that has been nothing but turmoil for the last few years. It's great to see him finally on basketball's biggest stage. If you missed it, Dave talked about EJ over on a guest post at PacHoops.com. If Singler can overcome his Bay Area issues, the Ducks just might pull off the upset.
- Dominic Artis will be playing only 45-minutes from his home, his first time playing in the Bay Area while a Duck. While Artis is still trying to find his rhythm after his injury, the Ducks are 21-4 with Artis playing.
- Oregon has had some real stinkers this season, so coming out poised is Dana Altman's key to the game. Though losing out on the Pac-12 regular season title was rough, the experiences against Colorado and Utah should help the team greatly today.
- Dave has a great preview of the Ducks over at OSU's Pistols Firing Blog.
- The baseball team has a huge series this weekend as they host Arizona. Here's some comments from George Horton on the series.
Lastly, take a minute and celelbrate Nowruz (Iranian New Year) with Arsalan Kazemi). GO DUCKS!