- If you watched any of the Duck baseball games this weekend, it probably felt like the Ducks were never going to get a hit with runners in scoring position. After not scoring a single run in the first 2 games, the Duck bats finally started working as they avoided the sweep to the Bruins 5-3 in the final game.
- The Ducks still hold a half game on the Beavers for first place in the Pac, but with a series coming up this week against Stanford, the Ducks have left little room for error going forward if they want to host a regional again this year.
- We'll see later today if the 2 losses this weekend affects Oregon's top 10 ranking.
- Not a good weekend for the Track and Field team either as they lost Arkansas in a dual meet that come down to the 4x400 relay to decide it. Johnson didn't seem too upset with the loss to the #2 ranked Razorbacks, and overall this was a good measuring stick for the Ducks who should compete for a National Championship at Hayward later this year.
- Couple of football links with the Spring Game coming up this weekend. I'm not too worried about the linebacker position next year. There is a good mix of experience and youth at the position, but what has me most excited is the versatility it offers. Plus, Pellum has shown consistently over the last couple of years he can develop serviceable talent at that position.
- If you are planning on heading to the Spring Game this Saturday, I suggest picking up tickets to the baseball game later that afternoon or go watch the women's soccer team at Pape Field in the Civil War. Should be a great day to be in Eugene.
Finally, I'd like to once again put out my request for donations for the Miracle Wolf auction we'll be starting next week. Please email me or leave a comment if you have something you'd like to donate. This is a great cause we put on every year and I'd like for it to be as successful as it has been in the past. Thanks to everyone who has already chipped in.