Tonight is the Draft. Exciting for football fans, but it's still people reading names of cards and other people hugging. If you need some to add some excitement, I present to you, AT's Official NFL Draft Drinking Game.
Please print out the rules for easy reference.
1. Every time some one refers to a player as "rising" or "falling" – 1 drink.
a. If this is anyone besides Mel Kiper take an additional drink
a. 1 drink
iii. "Football IQ"
iv. "Off the Field Issues" / "Character"
v. Physical Attributes, Combine Results, College Stats.
b. 2 drinks
i. "Loves to play football"
ii. "Pro Day"
c. 3 drinks
i. A University you’ve never heard of
ii. "Career Backup"
iii. "Best Player Available"
iv. "Drafting for need"
d. 5 drinks
i. "His immeasurable/intangibles are off the charts."
3. Mel Kiper shows up with a new hair cut – You have one hour to finish your case.
5. If Chris Berman Gives a player a nick name – 2 drinks
a. Every time he repeats that nick name – 1 drink
b. If he comes up with an entirely new nickname for that player – 3 drinks
6. In an after-pick-interview the player commits a serious assault on the English language – 2 drinks.
7. If a team does not make its pick within the allotted time – 1 drink every minute until the team makes its pick.
8. 1 drink for each player invited to New York that does not get selected in the first round.
9. A player invited to New York does not put on the team’s hat on stage – 3 drinks.
a. If it is your team – finish your drink.
10. If you live in Canada and the draft is pre-empted midway through for a hockey game – finish your drink, finish one more, and flip to NFL network.
11. The Lions select a wide receiver with their first round – SHOTS!
a. Any commercial featuring Peyton Manning – 1 drink (+1 for each additional Manning)
b. Some commercial about surviving the recession – 1 drink
c. A commercial about something "green" – 2 drinks
d. A fast food and healthy living commercial go back to back – 2 drinks
13. Trades -Any time a pick is traded – 2 drinks
a. If it is your team trading up – 4 more drinks.
b. If the pick is traded for a player on a current roster - 2 more drinks
c. The Patriots trade up - 6 drinks
14. Time outs – each player is awarded 3 time outs where they are exempted from drinking. This exemption lasts 1 pick
15. Sociables! – Pick number 1, pick number 32, Thanks Roger.