The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh, people will come Ray. People will most definitely come.
Onto the Quack:
- The first place Oregon softball team swept a doubleheader with Utah, ending both contests via the 8-run to improve to 30-5. Oregon produced 30 hits and 22 runs over the two games, including four home runs.
- The start of spring football also marks Scott Frosts transition to offensive coordinator. Having Marcus Mariota certainly makes that an easier transition.
- Track and field has several talented newcomers this season.
- Adam Butler of PacHoops has some interesting thoughts on the Ed Rush situation. Rush has to go, and Larry Scott is making a blunder in standing by a guy who call's the integrity of the sport into question.
- Finally, as I'm typing this, Mike Rice is being fired at Rutgers. So thank goodness for that.