- Ivan Maisel was in Eugene during Oregon's final week of spring practice. And he focuses on Oregon's new coach, and the assistants that stuck around. Is Helfrich ready to take over from Chip? I think so, and he's ready for the challenge. The best line? "It would be easy to take over an 0-12 place where you go .500 [...]".
- Ted Miller and Kevin Gemmell have their post-spring power rankings, and Stanford is number one in the conference. And, I guess I'm just numb to the Stanford praise at this point, but I still don't get how they're considered elite.
- It's another big weekend on the diamond for the Ducks, as they head to Columbus to take on unranked Ohio State. The Ducks current sit between 6th and 11th nationally, and need to finish strong to get a national seed in the tournament.
- The softball team is in even better shape. Currently 2nd or 3rd in the country, the Ducks have already wrapped up the conference title. They head to 5th ranked ASU this weekend. It would sure be great to get another series win, and the Ducks will need another huge performance from Player of the Year candidate Jessica Moore.
- Oregon Track is looking to extend their conference dominance as the Pac-12 meet is this weekend. The men will be looking to a few senior transfers to help them take home another title.
- Congratulations to BayAreaDuck for also being the winner of yesterday's contest as he was the high donor to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Joint Fundraiser. Matt Daddy will be in contact with BayAreaDuck to get him his prize. DuckUntilDeath will still match all donations made to his charity between now and Sunday evening when he'll make one big contribution. Thank you to everyone that has contributed and please keep them coming. You can find the link here.
Got anything else? Leave it in the comments. GO DUCKS!