Highlights (from Oregon's morning and afternoon practices)
- The Ducks were in helmets only early for a lot of teaching early, and full pads for some competition late.
- Both Maldonado and Wogan hit 49-yard field goals with the "game clock" winding down to zero. That's right, field goals over 40 yards!
- Gary Campbell is back after missing a couple days due to a personal matter. Grad assistant Nate Costa ran RB drills while he was gone.
- In the competition in the afternoon, the defense "won" a close battle 25-24. After the spring game fiasco, I guess Helfrich has figured out how to make things close, at least when it comes to arbitrary scoring.
- Center Doug Brenner scored the always great lineman touchdown when he took a fumble in during a goal line drill.
SI Cover of the Day
Nope, no jinx at all! You can check out SI's entire Oregon preview here.
Instagram of the Day (from Kevin Durant)
- The Oregonian's Andrew Grief takes a look at the brotherhood of the backup QBs. Man, I really hope we don't need them in any meaningful snaps this year.
- Grief also takes a look at some of the records De'Anthony Thomas could break this year.
- ATQ's Rusty Ryan made it into the Moshofsky Center, and took a few pictures of the new billboards there.
- While Oregon has been known for having a national pull, Rob Moseley takes a look at some standouts from Portland.
- Ryan Thorburn is the new guy on the Register-Guard Duck beat. Here's his post-practice review from yesterday.
- UCLA and Uw are getting all angry.