- Oregon Live continues their Rising Stars previews with a feature on linebacker Tyson Coleman and a brief discussion at Oregon's depth at linebacker. This is one of my main areas of concern going into the season with so many talented players moving on. I know there is the whole "next man up" philosophy but Michael Clay and Kiko Alonso provided so many huge moments over their time here, I'm just wondering how much of a dropoff we'll see.
- Speaking of linebackers, Dan Greenspan from NFL.com notes that replacing Dion Jordan will be a hefty task but it appears that Tony Washington will be up for the job. Washington got a ton of time during the 2013 Fiesta Bowl but don't forget about incoming freshman Torrodney Prevot. The link also has a video of Mark Helfrich and Marcus Mariota from Pac-12 Media Day.
- The NFL's New England Patriots have signed former Oregon wide receiver Lavasier Tuinei. He was originally signed as a free agent by Seattle in 2012 and spent time with Cincinnati and Dallas last season.
- Remember the uproar around the Oregon Men's Basketball Team's NCAA Tournament seeding last year? The NCAA selection committee has voted to change the bracketing principles by which teams are seeded.
- ESPN has a preview of how the Pac-12 is doing Safety-wise going into 2013. Stanford and Oregon are listed in "great shape" with perhaps the best secondaries in the country.
As we get closer to football season, the change at head coach is going to be that much more real. As such, I thought it would be good to take everyone back to when emotions were swirling after the Fiesta Bowl win. Was Chip leaving? We didn't know but we all had an anthem to collectively sing. Here's to hoping that Chip comes back on opening weekend and gets a nice ovation.