Highlights (from yesterday's practice report)
- The Ducks were in helmets today on the grass practice fields. Because they started game-week prep a day early, this was "bonus Thursday." Because of that, practice was shorter and light on contact.
- Not much attention was paid to the upcoming opponent, the day was instead about attention to detail.
- As part of the scout team, Bralon Addison returned a punt for a touchdown against the punt defense. PANIC!
- The guys at Duck Territory make their Pac-12 predictions. Will goes bold with his final prediction.
- Andrew Greif profiles Oregon LB Danny Mattingly, who is drawing praise from Coach Pellum. He may not even see the field this year, but he's called "the complete package."
- Boseko Lokombo makes Heisman Pundit's list of 25 breakout players this fall. With his talent and Oregon's recent history of success at the OLB/Drop End position, I'm excited to see what he can do.
- Ted Miller has more on Lokombo leading the LBs.
- A Buzzfeed article runs through 13 reasons why this is Oregon's year. I like #2.
- This is the most Mike Riley reaction of all time.
- Bill Connelly runs through his final projections, and Oregon comes in at #2 in the country and end up with 11.4 total wins. Looking at the detailed numbers, it's clear that Alabama and Oregon are significantly ahead of the rest of the country (despite Stanford being 3rd, they project to only 10.2 wins). Oregon and Stanford's defenses are roughly the same, but there is no comparison offensively. But that's why game are determined on the field and not the message board, you guys.