Many thanks to CougCenter, whom I'm blatantly ripping off the format for this Quack Fix.
Highlights (from Oregon's official practice reports):
- Oregon practiced with helmets and no pads on the outdoor practice fields.
- Eric Dungy made an impressive sliding catch in the end zone.
- Ifo Ekpre-Olomu matched up with DeAnthony Thomas in coverage.
- The practice featured both down and distance scenarios and full 11 on 11 sessions.
- Oregon will don shells on Wednesday.
"We made a ton of mistakes. A ton of new mistakes, good mistakes,'' Helfrich said. "We talk about make 1,000 mistakes and make 1,000 different ones. We encourage mistakes, then we encourage different ones and more.''
The idea is that mistakes lead to teaching, and education. Taken one step further, it's better to get those mistakes out of the way now before the action really counts in games. The Ducks open Aug. 31 at home against Nicholls.
Quick wrote this in his practice notebook but TE Colt Lyerla was at practice today after missing media day Monday. Said he felt ill today.— Andrew Greif (@AndrewGreif) August 7, 2013
- Official GoDucks.com practicie report.
- Two former Sheldon High players have joined the team as walk-ons: QB Taylor Alie and linebacker Ivan Faulhaber.
- The Register-Guard has a profile on senior WR Chad Delaney, who was awarded a scholarship for his senior season.
- The Oregonian's day two notes.
- Boseko Lokombo is a constant, but what about the rest of the linebackers?
- Andy Glockner of SI gives us some basketball quack, and asks how the Ducks can overcome the losses of Arsalan Kazemi and E.J. Singler.