Earlier this week, we received a note from Kevin at Society43, a socially conscious company based out of Eugene that specializes in well-built, exciting, and affordable sunglasses for collegiate sports fans. You'll notice by their description that, they too, are fans of the oxford comma. Anyway, Kevin asked if we wanted to do some pub for some new, limited edition Oregon Ducks shades.
After looking at the product previews, they look awesome and we had to do it, especially after Kevin agreed to make a donation on behalf of Society43 to ATQ's favorite charity, the Osteogenesis Imperfecta Foundation.
Highlights (from Oregon's official practice reports)
- Former Ducks Michael Clay and Jackson Rice stopped by practice.
- Even though the tempo is slowed down for walk-throughs, there was a sense of urgency to see everything as much as possible.
- Good notes on Jackson Rice who is still pursuing his NFL dream.
- Michael Clay expressed interest in coming back to Oregon as a graduate assistant.
- Helfrich called the walk-through "the best mental day of the year".
- Colt Lyerla looks to shake off a tough performance against Virginia.
- You can tell that the Washington media is looking forward to October 12.
- Maybe Oregon's off-season changes were for the better.
- A big defensive lineman will be out for Tennessee this weekend. Earlier reports mentioned "heat stroke" but this report appears to detail a slightly different reason.
- Tennessee's linebacker coach is familiar with Oregon. Tommy Thigpen coached Auburn's safeties in 2010. He says Oregon is better now than in 2010.
- The legend of Pre lives on in this, the 40th anniversary of his last race for Oregon.
- Sure, Tennessee is bigger than Oregon but the gap isn't as large as SEC fans would have you believe.
Blurb of the Day
Interesting quote from Matt about Lane Kiffin. Personally, I think his goose is cooked regardless of what he does.
Thought on Kiffin: If USC goes 9-4 in regular season and wins Holiday Bowl to finish 10-4 overall does he survive? Is it BCS bowl or bust?— Matt Prehm (@Prehmmr247) September 13, 2013