Highlights (from Oregon's victory over Tennessee)
- Marcus Mariota had himself a career day passing for 456 yards.
- Tennessee had themselves a case of the Mundtdays. But it is the entire depth of the Ducks that stands out.
- Mariota continues to add to his Heisman resume.
Tweet of the Day:
Eric Dungy missed UO opener; Helfrich said it owed to "circumstances." Wasn't throwing anyone under bus yesterday IMO, was being consistent.— Rob Moseley (@DuckFootball) September 15, 2013
- You may have heard that Colt Lyerla was held out of action this weekend. Apparently Jason Quick, still trying to improve on his columnist aspirations, wasn't satisfied with Coach Helfrich's answer that Lyerla was held out due to "circumstances" so he took it upon himself to call Lyerla and
stir the potfind out why.
- So after finally hearing from Helfrich at the Sunday press conference, Quick changed the ending of his story from this to this. A tip for Quick, stop trying to read into "hidden smiles" and "one word answers" to find some trumped up story. Fans aren't interested in that. We want beat writers that tells us about the stories that exist and not the ones that don't.
- Oregon is looking at using this bye week to improve on some areas. Here's my wish list for improvement: Middle Linebacker execution, Byron Marshall, and penalties.
- The Ducks will enter the bye week as the #2 team in the nation.
- Apparently it's not only Duck fans that want to see Oregon versus Alabama in the last year of the BCS