Highlights (from Oregon's official practice reports)
- The team was at Autzen in helmets, jerseys and shorts.
- It was a walk-through day involving recognition and reaction.
- It was noted that Virginia was running fairly vanilla schemes for the BYU game and so some of the schemes and preparation is based on what the coaches have historically done, a common practice against teams with new coaching staffs.
- DeForest Buckner and Arik Armstead practiced taking mock pooch kicks while holding another ball in their hands.
- OC Scott Frost has the green light to go for it on fourth down.
- Some analysis on how Oregon and Virginia stack up if you're looking to bet some money.
- Big name recruits come on board for the Track and Field team.
- Volleyball heads out on the road.
- For Virginia, scoring more points will help you win!
- A radio interview with Virginia head coach Mike London.
- There's a reason for a 40-second clock damnit!
- Is Virginia a trap game for Oregon? Maybe.
Blurb of the Day
I enjoyed this line from Coach Eric Reveno from the University of Portland.
On good news front, can now give student-athletes any bagel spread we want. Still has to be a bagel, not an english muffin but progress.#HCA— Eric Reveno (@CoachReveno) September 5, 2013