I woke up this morning to see 400 unread comments in yesterday's fix. I opened it, fully expecting the worse -- and I was right. 400 posts on dogs and women's curling.
- The Duck Stops Here has a post on incoming Duck QB Morgan Mahalak, comparing him to Marcus Mariota who also only started his senior year of high school before joining the Ducks.
- Jon Wilner writes that the conference was unhappy with the 2013 TV broadcast schedule -- particularly with the number of night games. One solution might be to reduce (or eliminate) the window of exclusivity, which over 10 weeks dictates that only a single conference game can be shown in the 3:30 pm - 7:30 pm time slot.
- The women's basketball team came up just short, losing to Colorado 81-75. Chrishae Rowe led the Ducks with 24 points, who had climbed back from a 15-point first-half deficit to tie the game with 57 seconds remaining.
- Women's lacrosse steamrolls Stetson 20-3, behind nine assists by Shannon Propst. The nine assists set a single-game record and made Propst the all-time school leader.
- Pacifc Takes still has the men's basketball team on the NCAA bubble, though currently slotted in the NIT.