We're in the throes of spring, time of many Northwest traditions: an inevitable Blazers' first round playoff loss, the Mariners' surefire spiral into the AL West basement, and not having a single minor league baseball game in Portland. But each passing day gets us closer to football season. Glorious football season. Here is some quack to hold you over:
- Johnathan Loyd met the media for the first time as a memeber of the football team. He's a long way from being a contributor on the 2014 football team, but he's already committed to playing, and there is certainly a need at receiver. It's a story worth following.
- Mitchell Tolman was the national hitter of the week, going 9-13 in five games. He's hitting .500 over his last 13 games.
- The Oregon Relays are this weekend, with super frosh Edward Cheserek running his first race at Hayward Field among the highlights.
- UCLA's Kyle Anderson and Zach LaVine are entering the NBA Draft. With the uber-annoying Wear twins graduating, the Bruins should look a lot different next season.
- We're now up to 40 bowl games. This defies all rational thought.
- Cody Kessler has won the starting QB job at USC.