- The Oregon Football team will be sporting some special jerseys for Saturday's Spring Game. While the idea of "new uniform" has become somewhat old hat, the Spring Game always has a special place in my heart. As a husband to a veteran, seeing her light up for this annual event is a one-of-a-kind feeling. In fact, it was kind of fun to go look back at all the previous "Support Our Troops" uniforms from the past. I'm a personal fan of the 2011 kit. Which is yours?
- Justin Phillips from Autzen Zoo gives us a preview of the big home baseball series with Arizona this weekend. After the Ducks got swept in Corvallis, a nice series win would help get Oregon back on track. Also note that Saturday's game will take place after the Spring Game. You can purchase tickets through the UO ticket office but last time I checked, you had to buy a mini-plan to get Saturday's game.
- A transfer from Louisville has really spread her wings for the UO Softball Team.
- Here's an interesting article by Dennis Dodd regarding college athlete unionization with some quotes from Oregon RB Byron Marshall. Not exactly sure I agree with how the piece framed everything but it was a good insight into Marshall's mindset as he deals with the loss of his grandfather.
- Track sprinter Mike Berry was arrested and booked into jail Thursday morning after he allegedly interfered with an arrest.
- Defensive Coordinator Don Pellum did a Q&A with Sports Illustrated where he discussed the Pac-12, recruiting, what's different this year and more.
- Great feature by ESPN on cornerback Dior Mathis.
Blurb of the Day
Saw this episode. It broke me up.
wow... this is as real as it gets pic.twitter.com/oMYf94FwEL— sucks to suck (@SucksToSucks) May 1, 2014