- The NCAA has released new guidelines aimed at reducing head injuries by limiting the number of live-contact practices. Some of the guidelines match what the Pac-12 introduced last season, such as only two live-contact practices a week during the season.
- Is everybody ready for some watch lists?! Marcus Mariota, Byron Marshall and Thomas Tyner are among 75(!!) listed on the Maxwell Award list. Ifo Ekpre-Olomu is listed on the Bednarik Award watch list.
- In case you missed it in the comments yesterday, here's a nice piece on Jake Rodrigues and his long way back from injury. Here's hoping he gets his shot at San Diego State.
- Kyle Bonagura has some odds on the upcoming football season. The Ducks are favored to with the conference next year, with UCLA the favorite to come out of the south division.
- After not playing a minute at both Providence and Oregon, Brandon Austin will attend Hutchinson Community College in Kansas.
- Three Oregon golfers qualified for the upcoming U.S. Amateur. Thomas Lim, Aaron Wise, and Jonathan Woo will all head to Atlanta for the event which begins on August 11.
- If you liked friend-of-the-blog's TheDUCKinNoles10 recent post on the spread in the NFL, you'll also want to check out his post on defending the spread over at Music City Miracles.