Man, is it Saturday yet? Will this be the week Oregon is finally tested (at least in the eyes of the nation)? Here's your daily quack.
- Last year, Oregon struggled with USC's receivers, but Oregon's defense has a new weapon this time around: Ifo Ekpre-Olomu. A part-time player last year, he's improved significantly and is now a Jim Thorpe Award semifinalist. Ekpre-Olomu claims that he's a much smarter player, and that has given him confidence. His smarts and instincts will be very important and Ifo and Terrance Mitchell face their biggest test of the year.
- USC gets penalized a lot! Let's all point and laugh at Lane Kiffin! But before we do that, someone needs to check if USC has any delay of game penalties after a time out.
- Adam Jude has another piece telling us we don't need to panic about the BCS. The computers will work themselves out, and the Ducks will have chances to impress voters over the next month. For more on the BCS, Pacific Takes has a roundtable questioning what will happen if Bama, Oregon, KSU, and ND go undefeated, even though there's only a 1% chance all teams go undefeated.
- Ken Woody has his keys to the USC-Oregon game. He says if Oregon's offense plays well, USC won't be able to stop them. Arizona ran 90 plays and USC couldn't keep up. On defense the Ducks must get pressure, something they failed to do last year. Pacific Takes getsn some USC blogger keys to the game, and they seem to have some similar ideas.
- At Pacific Takes, Oregon has a number of appearances in this list of the 10 most anticipated Pac-12 games of the past 10 years. It's a nice stroll through memory lane.
Got anything else? Leave it below. GO DUCKS!