- With the NCAA Track & Field Championships a week away, both the men and women once again are set up to make a run for the title at Hayward Field. The men currently site at #1 after their showing at regionals, with the women third.
- We're 3 months and two days away from Michigan State. It's probably a bad sign that my first though of this list, was "boy Oregon-MSU tickets are cheap!"
- There are some good previews of MSU coming out in the last week. If you haven't been keeping up with Bill Connelly's college football previews, he dropped MSU's late last week. if you haven't watched MSU much over the last couple seasons, Connely's breakdown will be quite useful. MSU's defense will be very good next year, and will be a great test for Oregon's offense. MSU's offense isn't as bad as most Pac-12 fans assume, but should struggle if they get behind early. As usual for the Ducks against Stanford-esque teams, setting the tone early will be the key to the game.
- For more on MSU, SI talks to 247 Sports Chris Vannini on how MSU will replace some big pieces from last year's Rose Bowl Champion team.
- As if you needed any more reasons to cheer for Marcus Mariota, Andrew Greif has a story about how many Oregon players (Mariota included) are mentoring local kids at the Boys & Girls Club of Emerald Valley.
- With baseball season over, the Ducks now look to the draft. Coach Horton expects the Ducks to take a hit in the offseason.
- ESPN's Pac-12 blog runs through some ideas to improve the conference. Please Larry Scott, fix the officiating now. Quit worry about Direct TV and fix the officiating.
- Lastly, acrobatics and tumbling coach Felicia Mulkey is moving on, and taking a head coaching position at Baylor. She leaves Oregon having won four straight national titles.