Sorry, again, just swamped this week.
Fooch already gave us a nice look at the personnel, so I'm just going to move straight to the second part of the preview:
THINGS I'D LIKE TO SEE
- Joel Anthony has the potential to cause a lot of havoc inside defensively, so I think that it will be important early to try and draw him out some. If Maarty can hit a couple of outside shots early, it will force Anthony outside, and leave the middle open for penetration by the guards.
- UNLV's defense has been getting a lot of headlines, but the stats don't say that they're as good as people say they are. And they also don't play teams as quick as us on a regular basis. Once we draw out Anthony, we should be able to drive. If he cheats back, penetrate and kick.
- DO NOT LEAVE UNLV OPEN FOR THREES. That is a lot of their offense, and, in the case of Kruger, their only offense. But, it can also be a curse. If, like Winthrop, they aren't making the threes, they won't know what else to do.
- Push the tempo. Usually, UNLV is trying to speed things up. But this game, they will try and slow it down. However, its a pace they're not used to, so they should be willing to speed up with us.
- Come out with intensity from the beginning. We're better than UNLV. Lets show it.
FOUR WINS TO GO!