If you haven't yet submitted your picks for the jersey contest, do so here.
- Reserved seats are still availiable for the Houston game, which I find somewhat shocking. So if you haven't bought a ticket already, pick one up and go. Unfortunately, I can't make it to Eugene this weekend, though I hope to be there for the Fresno game.
- Two days until kickoff and Houston still doesn't have a starting quarterback. Michael Murphy of the Houston chronicle suggest that coach Art Briles use darts or rock, paper, scissors to make a decision.
- This is really cool, as ChileDuck has posted an interactive depth chart.
- According to OregonLive, Bellotti must prove himself a winner all over again. I don't think that's unfair, given that in the last five years we've had one good season, one decent one, three bad ones, and zero bowl victories.
- A few transfer notes. Jameel Dowling will redshirt at Hawaii this year, and Victor Filipe has transferred to Western Oregon, where he can play immediately (as he transferred down a division). Meanwhile, Jamelle Holland is appealing to the SC administration for a release to Oregon. The Ducks have also added a quarterback to the roster as former BYU quarterback Cade Cooper will redshirt this season.
- New BlogPoll is out. Not a whole lot of change, which is good, considering no real games have been played yet.
- Looks like we can thank Joe Giansante for bringing baseball back to Oregon. Seriously. I especially liked this line:
So Giansante gave his spiel, ending it by placing in front of Kilkenny a page of this newspaper, with a photograph of three baseball players, stars at Sheldon High School. All Eugene kids. All committed to going to Oregon State. "I said, `This is never happening again,' " Giansante recalled.