If you haven't done so already, print out your brackets here.
- Oregon got a very fortunate seed, considering I thought they would be last one in or first one out. Mississippi State is a very winnable game. A second round matchup against Memphis would be a shootout!
- Portland State got screwed. I know that the Big Sky isn't the best conference out there, but considering the way they dominated that conference, and have basically lost one game in two months, they deserved a 14 or 15. Not a big difference? Maybe not. But a 14 or 15 is about a 5-10% chance at an upset as opposed to a 0% chance.
- My early picks for most entertaining first round games: Davidson/Gonzaga, Kansas State/USC, Clemson/Villanova, and Notre Dame/George Mason.
- I swear, the committee loves to match up high midmajors in the first round. 7 Butler vs. 10 South Alabama, 7 Gonzaga vs. 10 Davidson, and 5 Drake vs. 12 Western Kentucky are this year's versions.
- Georgia will be the early upset darling over Xavier. Don't buy into it. What Georgia did was absolutely amazing and phenomenal, and they deserve their bid. But it was also a total fluke by a team that got ridiculously hot for a few days.
I put up my full bracket Tuesday or Wednesday, and will try and liveblog most of the first two days.
Be happy that we're in, this is gonna be fun.