Well, ready or not, it's time to start putting some focus on the upcoming Pac-10 basketball season. Today's Quack Fix is a little soft on football coverage - no surprise halfway through a bye week.
- Ernie Kent is fairly candid about the pressure he feels to right the ship following last year's 8-23 record. The Ducks start practice Friday night, and Kent had a lot to say about the growth of his team when he sat down with the R-G's Ron Bellamy.
- Bellamy offers a few other notes from Oregon's media day.
- Evidently Bellamy was winning the day among local beat writers. He writes that post players Nicole Canepa and Ellyce Ironmonger are learning to find a place in Paul Westhead's up-tempo system.
- Bob Clark of the R-G gives us an in-depth introduction to E.J. Singler. The freshman from Medford has a lot of things going for him, including a well-established comfort zone for playing at Mac Court.
- Of course, we're not completely lacking football news. Rob Moseley gives us links to the latest bowl projections. I would normally pass on this stuff, but I see Phil Steele still isn't a believer. He predicts Oregon will go 2-4 in the second half. What's odd is he has Cal running the table starting this week. Seriously, Phil? Are you even considering how these teams look on the field week to week? Cal's going to beat Oregon State, Arizona, and Stanford, but Oregon will lose to all three?
- Gary Horowitz of the Stateman Journal caught up with Chip Kelly, who says the Ducks will remain focused week-to-week right through the civil war. Funny...Kelly said he congratulated the team Wednesday for being half-way-through Pac-10 champs. Evidently some of the guys clapped in celebration, until they realized Chip was being sarcastic.
- In case you missed yesterday's practice notes.
- Aaron Fentress of The Oregonian reports that former Duck lineman Mark Lewis has been signed to the Seattle Seahawks' practice roster.
As always, if you stumble upon some good, please share in the comments. [UPDATE -jtlight] I've added some videos after the jump, incliding a bunch of basketball team interview and Chip Kelly on PTI, so make sure to check them out.
Chip Kelly on PTI
Coach Kent Media Day Interview
Tajuan Porter Media Day Interview
Michael Dunigan Media Day Interview
Drew Wiley Media Day Interview
LeKendric Longmire Media Day Interview