Well, it's not looking forward any more and there will be no more talk of trap games. USC and Gameday are coming to town on Halloween, which is sure to be wild.
- It's finally the game the Ducks have been waiting for. After weeks of questions, USC is finally the next game. Coach Kelly started to talk about the USC game at his weekly teleconference yesterday, and he's saying that the team will prepare as they do for every other game. Kelly says that this USC teams is the best team that the Ducks have faced this season. In injury news, Talmadge Jackson is day to day with back spasms, and Josh Kaddu (who has done an excellent job this year) will be meeting with doctors today regarding his foot injury.
- Kelly also had some comments on the penalties against Brandon Bair. Both Kelly and Azzinaro had words with the referees, and they claimed that the UW lineman was bringing hie head down as Bair brought his hands up, and Azzinaro said he highly doubted that Bair's technique was different at all. This again sounds like a case of Pac-10 refs being their normal inconsistent selves.
- Pete Carroll also had his Sunday night conference, and says that the Trojans are preparing for a crazy Autzen Stadium. USC will be looking to stop the Oregon passing game, after giving up over 600 yards over the past two weeks.
- The national media is taking notice of the Ducks defense. Stewart Mandel of SI.com covers the Ducks at length in this week's wrap up. The defensive turnaround has been the story of the Ducks season, and the defense and special teams have helped get the Ducks through a couple tough games, and have the Ducks in the top 10, something unimaginable after the BSU loss.
- In a bit more Washington news, it's always fun to listen to UW fans whine about the sixth straight shellacking. Here's a post-game podcast from Dawgman.com (warning, link is an mp3 file). I love the taste of schadenfreude.
- In Pac-10 round-up, Nick Daschel of Buster Sports grades each team's performances this week, and Oregon gets an A-. Also, Ken Goe has a story on how Arizona is becoming dangerous (let's not forget, they should be undefeated in conference right now). Also, UCLA is imploding, and a Conquest Chronicles fanposter is on the story, complete with awesome Twitter screenshots.
As always, leave your comments and links below. GO DUCKS!