We're inching closer to the Civil War. I'm just back from a long Thanksgiving, and it was great to keep my mind off the game for a few days. I have a feeling the next few days won't go so quickly. On to the quack!
- The Duck players are showing focus, as well as confidence as they prepare to take on the Beavers on Thursday night. They continue to work hard and fast, showing focus I don't believe we've ever seen from an Oregon team. And that hard work breeds success. This team knows what they have to put in before each game to win, and they're doing it again.
- Yesterday's practice in particular sounded like it went well. The Ducks practiced in shells in the Moshofsky Center. The Ducks let out about 20 minutes early, but its tough to know what to make of that fact. With the bye week, the Ducks have been working extra hard in practice the last few days, so look for them to have typical practices over the next couple days.
- The Ducks picked up another recruit, this time JC offensive lineman Ryan Clanton, who hails from Jeremiah Masoli's old junior college. Clanton has three years to play 2, and will like redshirt next season. But then he'll be able to step in in 2011, when the Ducks are set to lose a few big names on the O-line. Clanton has the physical talent to make an impact on the line, which has been so integral to the success of Oregon football over the past few years.
- The Oregonian has a long piece on the never-ending LaMichael/Jacquizz debate. Both backs have been stellar this season, though LMJ has not been asked to do as much for the Ducks as Jacquizz has for the Beavers. The Civil War should be a great duel between two outstanding running backs.
- The Pac-10 takes on the Big 12 in basketball, and Bob Clark says that this could simply expose the Pac-10 even more than it already has been. The basketball season has not started off well, and will likely not get better anytime soon.
As always, leave any other Duck news in the comments below, and discuss away! GO DUCKS!