Good morning Duck fans. Here's what's out on the interwebs today. Enjoy.
- News came out yesterday about Peter Sirmon taking over for Eddy Morrissey as a graduate assistant coach on Bellotti's staff. Sirmon's last two years as an Oregon player coincided with my first two as a student and he was one of my favorite defensive players. i think this should be an excellent addition to the coaching staff. Rickert also chimes in with his own thoughts on the hire. And, here's Moseley's full column for today's Register-Guard.
- Ted Miller goes over the top returning defensive tackles in the Pac-10. Despite looking to replace both starters, it sounds like Oregon may have the talent if not the experience.
- Dave Curtis of the Sporting News has an article up blasting the news that the rules committee (headed by Bellotti) would be further defining unsportsmanlike conduct. Curtis cites the Locker celebration penatly as an example of excessive rules.
- Yesterday, news also came out that the ASUO was considering eliminating "free" student tickets to football and men's basketball games. Of course, these tickets aren't free because every student pays for them through their incidental fees. The ODE has an editorial up that sheds some light on some of the numbers and also suggests that the athletic department should take over the burden of supplying free tickets to Oregon students.
- Ducks Attack has an interview up with prep safety Chris Badger who was recently offered by Oregon. Badger was informed that Oregon views him as a free safety, who would be groomed to take over TJ Ward's spot. Badger currently also has offers from Utah, BYU, and Florida State.
- In baseball news, the home opener against Fresno State has sold out and only standing room only tickets remain for the Saturday and Sunday games (which will be held at PGE Park in Portland). The Ducks will immediately be thrown into the fire, as the Bull Dogs are the defending national champions.
- The ODE has a piece up about the future of Mac Court. It includes some thoughts from ATQ poster Takimoto. So, if you're into that -- check it out.