Good morning addicts! Here's your fix:
- The obvious top story today is the felony arrest of Oregon recruit Cliff Harris. The Fresno Bee seems to have updated their story from yesterday, with a quote from the police chief. The altercation seems to have started between the on campus officer and Harris' brother over the wearing of a baseball cap, which was against school policy.
While I don't want to jump to any conclusions, it seems like both Harris' brother and the officer did not handle the situation well, and at this point I'm gonna be incredibly distrustful of the police. In my opinion, this whole thing screams abuse of power, and the Fresno police department has a solid history of that. This also seems like a great time to remind everyone, never talk to the police under any circumstances.
- In less serious news, Chip Kelly is getting some media attention. He was on College Football Live yesterday, as well as on a South Florida radio station, where he discussed the Pac-10 strength, Autzen, and his offensive prowess.
- Tom Osborne is the latest coach to blog. He talks about the depth at TE and on special teams (mainly due to the strong LB play). Competition is strong, and it will be exciting to see these young guys grow over the next year.
- The ODE blog has a little feature on Max Unger, and his preparations for the the draft, and how he'll celebrate. Good luck to Max at the next level.
- In statewide sports news, economic troubles are hitting the Oregon State athletic department, but Oregon's will be just fine (thanks Uncle Phil!).
We'll be keeping up on any news throughout the day, so make sure to check the comments, and leave any links you find. GO DUCKS!