Jeez, I take a few days of vacation and all sorts of excitement ensues. Here's what I could find in wake of the Harper/Roper defections:
- Yeah, so decent talent is going out - but also some is coming in. The Ducks picked up a verbal commitment from a highly touted CB named Terrance Mitchell from Sacramento. I like his quote: "I was going to camp with USC and Florida but I'm done. I'm a Duck." He is expected to enroll early and participate in spring ball next year.
- Mitchell's bio from Scout.com is here.
- Looking for the next Oregon QB? Rivals.com has confirmed that 4-star prospect Robert Bolden will make a visit to Oregon in June. Here is Bolden's bio.
- Oregon's latest two-deep roster shows Dion Jordan moving back to slot receiver in Chris Harper's absence and Darron Thomas - not Nate Costa - moves into the number two QB spot. Plus a few other changes.
- Evidently Ernie Kent is hearing all the whispers. He tells Kerry Eggers of the Portland Tribune, "...this is my basketball program." Check out a nice, long off-season Q&A with Kent.
- Kudos to the Portand Trib for sending a couple guys south to do interviews with Duck coaches... Jason Vondersmith today posted a story with George Horton, who say's he's to blame for setting some unrealistic expectations for the Ducks first baseball season in 23 years.
- The UO men's golf team continues to flirt with a top-20 finish at the NCAA Championship tournament.
- When the Oregon track teams contend for national titles in early June, it will some of the lesser know athletes who may make or break the Ducks chances.