Not a whole lot out there in Duckland today. But, in happier new, only 72 more days until football!
- Ted Miller has some links which include a look at the Les Scwhab Bowl. The first is a live chat of this year's Oregon prep all star football game in which future Beaver QB Jack Lomax led the North team to a 32-14 victory over the South. Lone in-state commitment Taylor Hart played for the South team. The complete rosters can be found here (including the officials and chearleaders who participated in the game). The second is a feature from the Portland Tribune that looks at the reincarnation of the game that was formerly known as the Shrine Game or Oregon Bowl.
- Duck Territory takes a look at another Oregon 2011 recruiting target in Antwaun Woods, who apparently made quite the impression on USC coaches after a camp. But, in good news for the Ducks, it sounds like Woods is interested in leaving California for his college career.
- Duck Territory strikes again with a feature on Canadian WR Lemar Durant who participated in the recent Oregon Nike Camp. It looks like Oregon is interested in him at the safety position, though it sounds like he'd prefer to stay on offense at this point.
- Ted Miller blogs about why he thinks rushing may be down next year in the conference. The biggest factors? Big turnover on the offensive lines and what has to be an improvement in the passing game.
- Nick Daschel of BusterSports continues his ranking of the top 50 Pac-10 coaches with the mercurial Dennis Erickson coming in at #9. Erickson has spent nine years coaching three different Pac-10 teams and has had success at all three stops. But, as Nick points out, the real question is how long he'll remain at ASU. Should his constant searching for a better job affect his ranking in a list like this?
And, that's it for today's quack. Feel free to post any other links or comments below.