Did anyone else ever see that Hold 'Em poker player who calls out his bets by saying "quack, quack"? Whoever that guy is, someone should send him a Duck jersey.
- Oregon's incoming freshman lineman are doing something a little different this summer - participating in summer workouts, as the team is getting serious with 11-on-11 drills and their off-season conditioning. Nice story by Adam Jude.
- Here's some video about lineman participating in the summer drills (evidently for the first time ever...I like that). Jeremiah Masoli is starting to sound like a solid team leader; the little flash of LGB shows he looks in great shape; and take a good look at freshman tackle Everett Benyard - at 6-7, 315. Wow. Also, I'm not sure we ever posted this video from 7/20 featuring incoming QB Daryle Hawkins and WR Nick Cole. Check it out.
- Jeff Smith of The Oregonian talks with former Oregon walk-on linebacker Riley Showalter as he prepares for his final season as a Duck. Side note: I think our esteemed dvieira has some kind of history with Showalter, but I'll let him tell that story.
- Only Quack-related due to the pending rematch between Oregon and BSU... In case you missed it in yesterday's notes, Boise's highly-touted d-lineman Michael Atkinson was arrested Wednesday on two alcohol-related misdemeanor charges. His availability for the Oregon game is probably in serious jeopardy.
- If Nick Reed somehow doesn't make it in the NFL, he still probably has a bright future ahead of him. Reed was one of three Pac-10 football players to receive a post-graduate scholarship from the Pac-10 Conference. Other Ducks to receive the scholarship included Darcie Gardner (women's soccer), Zoe Nelson (women's track & field), and Scott Wall (men's track & field).
Find something else of interest? Drop it in the notes so we can all share in the fun.