The wait is over! Well, sort of. We've reached the first major milestone of the summer, with fall camp finally starting. During practice, I'll be mainly watching the O-line and special teams. I'm fairly confident in the remainder of the positions, and I don't think that practice will shed much light either way. But neither the O-line or special teams had good springs, and didn't practice particularly well, so it will be important to get them to that point before the BSU game. On to the Quack!
- Rob Moseley has a good preview piece for fall camp. It contains what you'd expect, including the questions we are all asking, the positional battles, and a look at a few younger players set to make a name for themselves. Meanwhile, GoDucks.com has a camp schedule, along with some key dates.
- Moseley is reporting that Diante Jackson has been cleared by the NCAA, which means that he will hopefully be suiting up for practice today. Unfortunately, we're still waiting on Cliff Harris and Justin Brown.
- The preseason coaches poll has come out, and Oregon checks in at #14. While I never trust either the coaches, or the preseason polls, it does reinforce just how tough September is for the Ducks, with games against BSU at #16, Cal at #12, and Utah at #18.
- John Hunt is finishing up his trip to Boise, and he wrote a fall camp preview of his own, and it's written with an eye towards Boise State, which is a mere 27 days away.
- Lastly, 4* CB recruit Dior Mathis, one of the top defensive backs Oregon is going after this year, will be visiting the school this weekend. Mathis will be choosing between Oregon and Michigan State, with the Ducks having a great shot to get the Michigander.
As always, leave any links below. GO DUCKS!