I'm still giddy from the weekend victory, and was fortunate enough to be at Autzen for the first time since Oklahoma 2006. For all the talk the last few weeks about the crowd at Autzen, they made up for it an more, as Autzen was again deafening on every play. The crowd smelled blood early, and they never let up on the Bears. On to the quack, and make sure to check out Dave's reaction to the Cal game, as well as the links after the jump.
- Well, still no update on Thurmond. There have been rumors of a sprain, or an MCL or PCL tear. We'll have more info posted as soon as it's available.
- I don't often take a look at the polls, but when I do, it simply reminds me that there is only one poll that's worth anything. The coaches have once again proven that they are a total joke, ranking Oregon 25th and Cal 19th, along with a number of rankings that are indefensible. But let's give some credit to the AP, who have actually taken into account what's happened on the field. I enjoy Chip Kelly's attitude on the subject, and his refusal to take part in the coaches poll.
- Ted Miller has Oregon #1 in this week's Pac-10 Power Poll, and despite the early struggles, I think this is about the only team that can go at #1. Cal was absolutely killed, USC lost to a now-exposed UW team, and couldn't break 30 against WSU. Oregon State lost at home to Arizona. Stanford and Arizona still have a lot to prove. The Pac-10 is more open than I've seen it in a long time, and Oregon has a one game head start on the rest of the preseason contenders.
- Avinash from Cal Golden Blogs is devoting as much time to analyzing the Bear's defeat as he did to previewing the game, and he says the whole game down to line play. Jahvid Best has never looked very good when he doesn't have decent holes, and the Oregon front 7 simply dominated the Cal O-line, and though Best turned some losses into gains, he just never had any room to work.
- In recruiting news, Oregon had 4-star O-lineman Nick Rowland visiting, and he loved his visit. He was impressed by every aspect of the school. Nick is one of our top O-line targets, so picking him up would be huge.
- Lastly, in TV News, the Oct. 10th game against UCLA has been moved to the 12:30 time slot.
As always, leave your thoughts and links below. GO DUCKS