Game day in Eugene used to be exciting. More recently we collectively roll our eyes and ask each other, "how bad will it be this time?" Still, change is in the air as the LA schools visit. We'll see how that works out.
- Jeremy Jacob is expected to see more playing time for the last-place Ducks, possibly as a starter. He had 13 against Cal and 11 versus Stanford last weekend and feels he's ready to improve on those performances. Check out the R-G's feature on Jacob via Bob Clark. Also, from Clark's notes, Bill Walton will be in town tonight as an honorary captain. Guess they couldn't get Kevin Love.
- The Oregonian's Mike Tokito has a thorough Pac-10 preview, and reminds that this year UCLA isn't the same draw and Oregon's Pit Crew is a shadow of its former self. Here's the official GoDucks.com weekend preview. Both games will be televised.
- ATQ's Matt Daddy will have the UCLA game preview to beat all previews a little later this morning. Watch for it.
- Believe your eyes if you tune in tonight. The Ducks will be taking on the powder blue by rockin' white jerseys with, yes that's right, pink trim. Of course it's all for a good cause: Coaches versus Cancer.
- Didn't get enough Lache Seastrunk news yesterday? Here's more: From Rob Moseley, John Hunt, and Greg Wille of the Temple Daily Telegram.
- Jason Vondersmith of the Portland Tribune takes a look at Oregon's two in-state verbals, Sheldon's Curtis White and Jesuit's Keanon Lowe.
- It's only late January and Oregon's baseball team already resembles a M*A*S*H unit according to Clark at the R-G.
You'll notice no links to the SAE-laptop-frat-gate. That's because, as has been the case for several days, no one with much credibility has anything new to add to what's quickly becoming a non-story. If you find something awesome, please share!