It was a great weekend to be a Duck, as Oregon got a huge victory while in the national spotlight. Let's get to this morning's quack:
- Oregon firmly established it's place in this years college football landscape with a big victory over Stanford this weekend. The win propelled the Ducks to third in both major polls, just behind Alabama and Ohio State. And while us fans are still celebrating the victory, Chip Kelly and the Ducks have a task in front of them that few other Oregon teams have had: blocking out the hype and winning football games. They weren't able to do that after last years USC win, though that could serve as a great reminder to these Ducks as prepare for WSU.
- Rob Moseley also sets the stage for the WSU game, listing where each team sits statistically. Obviously, the teams are on very different paths. However, WSU has shown improvement the last couple weeks, and played a tight game at UCLA this weekend.
- One of the most exciting aspects of this Oregon team is how they have totally dominated teams in the second half. Doc Saturday has a piece on this. On both sides off the ball, the Ducks can turn it on at just about any moment. That can be frustrating when things aren't going our way, but when the Ducks get rolling, watch out.
- The national praise rolls on as Bruce Feldman has an insider-only piece in which he compares LaMichael James to Reggie Bush.
- This piece seemed to fall through the cracks late last week, so if you missed it, here's a great piece on Oregon's innovative practices, by Pete Thamel of the NYT.
- It wasn't all great news for Oregon sports this weekend. The Oregon volleyball team had a tough bay area road trip, and was swept by both Cal and Stanford.
After the jump, check out a bunch of interviews of players and coaches after the Stanford win, and make sure to leave any other quack in the comments. GO DUCKS!
The defensive view of the Stanford win
Offensive view of the Stanford win
Chip Kelly Press Conference
Darron Thomas postgame interview
LaMichael James postgame interview