We're halfway there! Another Oregon game in 3 days! Here's your quack:
- Rob Moseley's piece today is on the competitive nature of Oregon practices. While the buildup for the WSU game is lacking, especially since the game will not be televised live, Oregon's practice regimen should give Duck fans hope that not letdown will occur. Chip Kelly talked a bit about what the team hopes to achieve through practicing yesterday during his press conference, and it's so much more than simply preparing for the next game. Kelly and his staff have tweaked practice to get his players are mentally and physically prepared for the game as possible. This team learned last year before the Cal game just how important good practices are, and it seems we're getting spoiled with how well team prepares. Moseley also has a few more notes from practice, including the latest injury news.
- Ken Goe has a full recap (with video) of Kelly's press conference. He talks about national expectations, practices, and Dairy Queen. Chocolate with Oreo is Kelly's favorite Blizzard.
- George Schroeder has a piece today on Kelly's, uhhh, passion on the sideline. Kelly (and Harbaugh) were openly cursing at the refs during the game last weekend. But I hope Kelly keeps badgering the refs during games. It pays off on the field. Will Kelly pay any sort of PR penalty for his behavior? Not likely. But I do this this is an interesting question. At one point during last game, I thought Kelly was about to lose it, and his anger was spreading to his players, as LaMichael James became very heated as the Ducks were down 21-3. The Ducks were able to channel that anger into focus, but that may not always be the case.
- Ken Goe also has a story on the WSU passing game. While the Cougars have not been stellar this year, they're making improvement, and have shown a good ability to move the ball through the air. Oregon has given up a lot of yards through the air recently, so it will be interesting to see how the Ducks respond this weekend.
- Ted Miller has some interesting Pac-10 statistics.
- LaMichael James went on the Scott Van Pelt show, here's a link to the mp3. Also, the Oregonian caught up with Gary Campbell, who talked about James.
Got anything else to share? An opinion on Kelly's sideline demeanor? Leave it below. GO DUCKS!