It's Friday! And you know what that means, football tomorrow! Here's your quack to power you to the weekend:
- Ron Bellamy met up with Jeff Tedford to talk about the Oregon offense, and compare the current Ducks offense to some that Tedford coached while in Eugene. Tedford has nothing but praise for Chip Kelly's offense, which has speed that he hasn't seen before. Bellamy also met up with Steve Sarkesian, who coached the 2005 USC Trojans offense, one of the most explosive in NCAA history. Tedford has a big challenge tomorrow, and he calls the Ducks, "as balanced a football team as you’re going to find anywhere in the country." The Bears have a very good defense, and they'll need to have a great game to slow down Oregon.
- Cal fans know what they're getting into this weekend. Avinash from CGB takes a detailed look at the Oregon offense.
- Ken Goe has a really fun piece on John Boyett up. He covers Boyett's inability to keep track of his keys, his recruiting, and his ferocity on the field. Boyett has been spectacular the last two years, and his play at free safety has made the rest of the defense so much better. Goe did a great job with this piece, so make sure to check it out.
- Oregon basketball starts tonight, and we only have 11 more games until the basketball team moves to Matt Court. Dana Altman has a big challenge in front of him, but he's learning from Chip Kelly and talking about just improving each day. Altman will need to get the most out of each of his players, but if he can get them playing with passion, and playing fundamental basketball, I'll be happy, regardless of the wins and losses.
- Oregon women's basketball seems to be in good shape, after Paul Westhead signed 5 players to the 2011 class.
- Lastly, Auburn fans are hilarious. Here's my new favorite rumor. It's all Phil Knight's fault!
Got any other quack to share? Leave it in the comments. GO DUCKS!