Only one more day of hate. It seems there are some Duck fans struggling to find it. If you find yourself in this awful predicament, benzduck has more great reasons for you to hate them. Here's some quack to get you through the day:
- With Kenjon Barner practicing again and expected to play against UW tomorrow, George Schroeder and Ken Goe have written pieces on Barner, and his journey over the last month. Barner has been itching to get back onto the field, especially against UCLA and USC, but has been held out medically, and at times restrained physically from participating when he's not ready. The next key for Kenjon will be playing without thinking of what happened to him, but he seems to be prepared. It'll be great to see him playing tomorrow.
- Adam Jude has a piece on Rob Beard, who has not missed a kick all season. Coming into this season, kicking was a big question mark, and while Beard hasn't had a lot of pressure on him, he has come through when needed, especially kicking two field goals early against Tennessee when Oregon needed a boost. On the kickoff team, he has recovered an onside kick, and had two tackles last week against USC. Beard has matured a lot since his offseason harrassment charges, and that has given him a drive to improve himself, and that shows on the field.
- Hesiman frontrunner and Auburn QB Cam Newton is under investigation by the NCAA for allegations of improper benefits. With the season that Newton is having, this is really unfortunate to hear. LaMichael James might receive a Heisman bump from this, but I'd rather it not. I want Oregon and LaMichael to beat the best, not sneak into the top.
- Oregon has a big recruiting weekend with the Huskies in town. They are hosting a number of top prospects, and Matt Prehm has all the details.
- Oregon men's basketball starts tonight with an exhibition game against Northwest Christian University. Joevan Catron should be available, which will be very good for the Ducks depth, or lack of it. I'm actually excited for this Oregon team. There are no expectations, which is fun in its own way.
After the jump, we have videos from Chip Kelly and a bunch of players after practice. So check those out, and leave any more quack below. GO DUCKS! Happy Happy I Hate Washington Week!
Chip Kelly after yesterday's practice