Happy Thursday. How 'bout them Ducks!
- You're not alone if you would vote LaMichael James ahead of Cam Newton on your Heisman Trophy ballot. Just the same, LMJ says he would vote for Newton.
- Former Oregon tight end Ed Dickson with his take on the Heisman award.
- Speaking of LaMichael, before he heads off to NYC, there's some other business to be done, including a trip to Walt Disney World in Florida. There LMJ will be one of three finalist for the Doak Walker Award, given annually to the nation's top running back. James is also a finalist for the Walter Camp Player of the Year.
- Auburn is likely to be more prepared than any other team to face Oregon's up-tempo offense, simply because Auburn's offense also runs a constant no-huddle. But is that really an advantage for the Tigers, whose pace on offense also won't come as a shock to an Oregon defense that has faced hyper-speed in practice all season?
- Stupid is as stupid does, ma'am, and stupid did plenty after Oregon's Civil War win in Corvallis. So stupid got arrested yesterday. Hope it was worth it.
- Take a quick look at the throwback jerseys the basketball team will wear during Saturday's game versus Willamette U. The game commemorates the opening of Mac Court on Jan. 14, 1927.
- Check out the GoDucks.com preview of upcoming men's hoops games versus Willamette (2-5) and Jacksonville State (2-7).
- Oregon's 2010 track and field recruiting classes have been ranked no. 1 by Track & Field News.
- Oregon senior Alex Kosinski has been named the Pac-10 scholar-athlete of the year for women’s cross country. Also senior outside hitter Heather Meyers received regional honorable mention from the AVCAP (she should also get The Most Bad-ass Serve Ever award).
Enjoy your quack. There seems to be a daily flood of it, so share the latest in the comments please.