Our little project...just had a very, very big day. Honestly, they had me at Heimuli.
- Oregon held their own in a Pac-10 recruiting war that saw a typical showing by USC along with big steps forward for UCLA, Cal, Washington and Stanford. In the end, both Rivals and Scout had the Ducks' class of 2010 ranked no. 13 in the country.
Meet your new Ducks, with commentary by Chip Kelly. After the jump, we have full video of his press conference.
- No surprise, Oregon's target was speed. As Rob Moseley points out in his recap this morning, even Ricky Heimuli runs a sub-5.0 40.
- We may not have seen the last of Oregon's 2010 signings. It appears the Ducks still have some available spots. Moseley reviews the current roster, runs the numbers and wonders out loud how it's all going to shake out?
- Check out the videos compiled by the R-G's Chris Peitsch and Micky Hulse.
- Rickert says Ducks still in it for JC WR Kenbrell Thompkins. Canzano on Chip Kelly and Mike Riley...the real stars of signing day 2010. Jason Vondersmith of the Portland Tribune caught up with RB Lache Seastrunk, who is looking forward to competing for playing time. Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times proves that in the forum/comment era he, like most columnists, lacks the guts to go against the local myopia. He ranks UW's class no. 3 in the Pac-10 ahead of no. 4 Oregon and - even more of a miss - no. 5 Cal.
- Nick Daschel at BusterSports.com says "If UCLA's Rick Neuheisel was The Closer, then Kelly was at least his assistant."
- Oregon track got a big boost yesterday with Gresham's Sam Crouser dropped his commitment to UCLA and signed with Oregon. Crouser is the American junior record holder in the javelin and a likely candidate to score some points at the NCAAs down the road.
Crap! I gotta get to work. I'm sure there will be all sorts of good stuff out there today. Be cause to drop the real gems in the comments. Or, be a real man, write a fan post and give your in-depth take on all things Oregon (including red vines, local beer, Duck cheerleaders or your favorite memories of that day you hung out with JShufelt).