Your Saturday Quack Fix is here to cure all that ails you. I didn't sleep too well last night and we are pre-coffee so who knows what could happen. If some of the sentences sound like gibberish, well.. just skip those and move on to make fun of me in the comments.
- If you haven't been following the baseball program, it's time to jump on the bandwagon. Our team is pretty good and they just knocked off the #1 ranked team in the nation in the first of a three game set from UCLA. Given that this is just the second year of the program, we are on the fast track to being in a regional for the College World Series. That's just an amazing amount of progress in a short period of time. Hopefully that doesn't cloud our expectations too much going forward.
- Here is a feature on baseball player Tyler Anderson who has grown into the "ace" role for Oregon.
- News from the diamond is popular today. Washington beat the Oregon softball team to snap the Ducks' winning streak at home and take over sole possession of first place in the Pac-10 standings.
- Mike Dunlap is going after his dream job by interviewing with the Colorado Buffaloes for their open head coaching position. Given his ties to the area, I wouldn't be surprised if they snap him up.
- The Oregonian has a feature on UO Track member Mac Fleet who may just have one of the coolest names I've heard.
- Be careful out there in listening to the talking heads discuss spring football. I've seen articles doing day-by-day analysis of the practices and making such sweeping comments of "the quarterbacks had horrible stats today and got dominated. They shouldn't be putting up these bad of numbers." It's spring guys. Relax. Here are some notes about Friday's practice.
With the spring game approaching fast, it's time to think about getting together to tailgate and revel in the hallowed grounds of Autzen Stadium. Although I haven't seen too much information about the logistics around the spring game for 2010, I think we can count on the gates opening around 9am, there being a small per-car fee, and some confusion amongst staff about whether you can drink or not. We have a few people coming down from Portland, some from the valley and some from down south. The plan is be "staged" in Eugene around 8:30 with as many cars as we have and set up an "ATQ Tailgate" for the spring game.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, get in touch with me through my profile (or whatever means you choose). As we get closer, more information will become available. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the spring game on May 1st.