With the college basketball season ending last night, might the Ducks now be able to contact all of their top targets to replace Ernie Kent? We also had another spring practice, so lots of football notes to go through today.
- First, congrats to Scudderfan for winning the ATQ bracket challenge after finishing with a total of 120 points. Scudderfan: please send Matt Daddy an email to work out the details of receiving your prize. TopekaDuck started the night in first place, but the Duke victory dropped them down to fifth. For the complete results, log in and check out the standings here.
- The Ducks opened their second week of spring football yesterday. Moseley writes today about the impact being made by the six newest Ducks. Moseley also has a practice report up, and notes some plays that stood out. eDuck also has a practice report from yesterday and includes this note on the QB competition: "Thomas' short to intermediate passing game isn't as efficient as Costa's, however Thomas' deep ball is arguably the best of all the quarterback on the spring roster."
Nick Daschel has a blog piece on Jeff Mahel trying to recreate the QB-WR rapport and chemistry that he shared with Jeremiah Masoli with Darron Thomas and Nate Costa. In another blog entry, Daschel takes a look at replacing Will Tukuafu and Blake Ferras as they look to rebuild the defensive line.
- With the college basketball season over, Bob Clark speculates about the Ducks pursuing Brad Stevens as Ernie Kent's replacement. Clark also notes that Kent has reportedly interviewed for the Tulane coaching job.
- Len Casanova's 1958 Rose Bowl ring is out of this world. Literally.
- Finally, here's a video of Lache Seastrunk competing in the 100 m at the 2010 Texas Relays. Seastrunk finishes sixth. However, a fellow competitor pulls up hurt near the end of the race and Lache is the first to go back and offer help.
And, after the jump is a video interview of the Ducks discussing the latest spring practice.
|Ducks spring football: Tempo|