I'm the king of the quack!!!
- The 2010 Track and Field Pac-10 Championships get underway at 10am PST today and the USC Trojans look to be the primary threat to an Oregon championship repeat. If the Ducks pull it out today, that would make 4 Pac-10 Championships in a row. Oregon Live has plenty of links and notes.
- Tyler Anderson wasn't impressed with his work during Baseball's 5-0 win over East Tennessee State yesterday. Baseball continues at 5pm PST today.
- These stories are must reads (RG, O-Live) for those that spent any time at all on the University of Oregon campus. Friday marked the 40th year of the Red Rooster Barber Shop on 13th.
- One of my favorite Lady Ducks of all time, Taylor Lilley is now a member of the Phoenix Mercury WNBA team. Congratulations to Taylor!
- The Stanford softball team took out Oregon for the second straight night, 5-1. The Ducks drop to 33-17 (7-12 in conference).
- In Oregon State news, George Schroeder makes note of the magic slowly coming back into the Beaver Track and Field program. Let me be the first one to say it. It will take YEARS before the Beaver program will ever be competitive with ours. YEARS I say! On a personal note, I think football players participating in Track is a great thing for both University Athletic Departments. Hard to steal laptops and golf carts when you are running the 100m. Well, maybe you'll be better at it. Nevermind.
- A Capella group "On The Rocks" has been pronounced by the media as a viral hit! It's amazing how much online services like YouTube have impacted popularity of things like these. We had a capella groups when I was in school that would hang out on 13th and the EMU all the time. Since the media has deemed them a viral hit, does that mean they've officially jumped the shark?
Another quack-filled day. Enjoy the weather, enjoy the baseball game. To close, here is a cool picture of the Autzen turf replacement in progress. I miss the crown already.