Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Quack, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Quack around you; here, between you, me, the Pit, Autzen, everywhere, yes. Even between the quarterback and the endzone.
- Both Softball and Baseball picked up wins yesterday to advance the cause of Oregon Duck World Domination. Softball beat the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets 11-2 yesterday and need a victory against GT today to move on to the Super Regionals. Baseball took out the Washington Huskies 5-2 to even up their series at one game a piece.. More from both diamonds today and if you're following the games, talk about it in the thread below.
- Some facts you may not know about the men's golf team. They're currently ranked #1 in the nation, they haven't made 3 consecutive NCAA tournaments since the 70's, and they have never won an NCAA Regional Title...until yesterday.
- Even though Terrence Jones isn't officially a Kentucky Wildcat, it looks like Calipari is trying to close a deal to play the Portland Pilots next season on their way to the Maui Invitational. Cool on a couple of fronts because if TJ really, finally, ends up at Kentucky, good for him to get a game in his hometown. Second, how cool is Portland in grabbing all of these big name schools to come play at the Rose Garden against local teams, including the possibility of Duke vs. Oregon next year?
- In news that doesn't sell newspapers like a stolen laptop or a crashed up golf cart, Chip Kelly is on the 2010 USO Coaches Tour and here's a report of what he's up to.
- Finally, I couldn't pass this story up. A man was taken to the hospital in Massachusetts last night because he was sucked into a sausage seasoning machine. Apparently he showed no sign of trauma but wanted to "hot dog it" over to the hospital anyway.
That's it for the quack. Good luck to the Ducks today and everyone enjoy their Sunday. Go Ducks!