It may be a three day weekend, but the Quack Fix doesn't take time off. Here is your dose of Memorial Day Quack:
- Oregon baseball stopped the bleeding with a 6-5 win over Cal on Sunday to finish the regular season. While the late season struggles have a few questioning whether the Ducks are still considered tourney locks, Baseball America still thinks that we are extremely safe. ESPN will tell us our fate at 9:30 today.
- Meanwhile, the season is over for the softball Ducks after they suffered a 7-2 loss at Missouri. While getting swept in the super-regionals is disappointing, making it that far with such a young squad has to be considered a big success this season.
- Some track and field notes as the Ducks prepare for the NCAA championships.
- Is Friday finally the day that the result of the USC investigations will be released? Consider me a skeptic that anything of note will come from this. Or, as the old adage goes "the NCAA was so pissed at Alabama that they put Louisiana-Lafayette on probation again."
- You've heard about the unexplained disappearance of the honeybee the last few years? Turn off your damn cell phone. (h/t Big KOR @twitter)
- Finally, AtQ wishes everyone a very good Memorial Day. Please take a minute to think about those who have given the ultimate sacrifice so that we can enjoy the lives we have.
As always, if you find any loose quack lying aroud, put it in the comments. Quackhogs will be subjected to red ropes and a six pack of Hamms.