It seems we've hit the dog-days of non-football season. As Cinco de Mayo becomes Seis de Excedrin, a Google News search for Oregon Ducks turns up a bunch of old stuff. Here's what I could find:
- Haven't read enough on Dana Altman? Get to know him and his coaching style with the help of George Schroeder. George gets a different - and I think valuable - perspective from some of Altman's former players.
- This should be fun... If you haven't already heard, seven Oregon football players will take part in a football-only 60-yard dash race during Saturday's Oregon Twilight Meet at Hayward field. We'll see Remene Alston, D.J. Davis, Tyrell Irvin, Dior Mathis, Eddie Pleasant, Jide Shinaba and Brandon Williams. First - how cool is it that our new tight end is included in a sprint? Second - no doubt there will be a tackling dummy in Pleasant's lane at the finish line. No way Eddie Pleasant is going to sprint 60 yards and not have something to hit at the end.
- Rob Moseley has began his series of spring position reviews, with quarterbacks and running backs.
- I'm not sure who you think about when the name "Kendra" is mentioned, but today the R-G's Adam Jude is talking about Kendra Little. The Oregon junior leads the no. 32 ranked women's golf team as they prepare for NCAA regional competition.
- Chris Hansen of the R-G caught up with senior softball star Neena Bryant. The Ducks all-Pac-10 centerfielder has fought her way through an early hitting slump and is now playing better than ever. The no. 19 Ducks split a non-conference double header with Portland State yesterday.
Well, that's not a lot of quack. Take a little and leave some for the rest. Better yet, share anything else you run into today. Go Ducks!