Quite a lot of quack to get to today, so let's jump right in.
- [UPDATE] The annual Pac-10 media poll will be released next week, and GoDucks has a prediction that will seem awfully familiar, with USC at the top and Oregon number 2. I think that Oregon will end up #1, but USC still has the most talented team in the Pac-10, and may get the benefit of the doubt other teams prove they can knock the Trojans off consistently. Also, Jon Wilner has a roundup of where all the preseason magazines rank the Pac-10 before the season.
- The USC Blog at the OC Register takes a look at Oregon, with an eye towards how they match up against USC. This game has so many question marks, it's tough to predict right now. You can bet that both teams will be motivated, and it should be a close affair either way.
- LaMichael James had an interview with two Isaac and Big Suke from KFXX, and the guys at SportsRadioInterviews.com have a transcript up. He talked about the offseason, and it sounds like he and the rest of the team are ready to move forward. While many are questioning the team after the offseason, it seems like an unwise thing to do considering how they responded to Blount's punch after the Boise State game.
- Ted Miller is continuing his preseason previews. Yesterday he had Oregon's best case/worst case. My main issue is that I highly doubt that Kelly will play two QBs to any significant degree. He's already come out opposed to that idea in various interviews, and I expect him to pick one QB and that will be it. Well, unless things start to go south. Then a two QB situation could unfortunately happen.
- Miller also took a look at each Pac-10 team's running back situation, and Oregon was far and away the leader in the conference. While Miller thinks that Jacquizz Rodgers is the best player in the Pac-10, the Beavers don't come close to Oregon's depth at the RB position.
- Andrew Wheating continues to impress. He ran the 4th fastest 1,500m in U.S. history yesterday, with a time of 3 minutes, 30.90 seconds. He beat his personal best by 7 seconds, though finished 4th in his race.
- The Register Guard has a piece today on former Oregon star Taylor Lilley, and how she's acclimating to the WNBA. Taylor made the Phoenix Mercury after trying out for one of two open roster spots at the start of the season. It's been an up-and-down first season, which included a trip to the White House and a 14 point game.
- Around the Pac-10, USC lost another football player to transfer, WR Brandon Carswell. This was at a position without a lot of depth already, so USC will look for incoming freshmen Robert Woods and Markeith Ambles to make impacts. UCLA lost an offensive lineman for the season due to academics. Lastly, the Huskies got a transfer from recently suspended UCLA LB Josh Shirley. It's really fun to see Husky fans trying to rationalize this one after all the crap they spewed over Oregon's offseason drama. But I'm they're doing a great job convincing themselves already. But honestly, I'm kinda bummed we didn't get Shirley. It seemed that he didn't have the involvement of the other two UCLA players, and he is gonna be a beast over the next few seasons.
Got anything else to share? Leave it below. GO DUCKS!