Finally inside a month until kickoff. Speculation and prognostication is at full throttle. Here's all the news that's fit to be quack:
- We've had a heavy dose of Costa, Costa, Costa the past week. Now the R-G's George Schroeder profiles the other top Oregon QB candidate - Darron Thomas.
- More on Oregon's QB competition and how Chip Kelly will use Fall practices to determine who's top Duck.
- A head-to-toe season preview for the Portland Trib.
- Rob Moseley's latest position preview: linebackers.
- Aaron Fentress of The Oregonian continues his Oregon football all-decade series with the safety position. Who's your favorite? Lewis, Chung, Ward or Nelson?
- Sounds like former Oregon QB Dennis Dixon is beginning to hit his stride with the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- Bumped into this... A blogger and passionate Duck fan from Medford sheds some light on how Duck fans in the southern part of the state may be getting shut out from some Duck programming. Related - looks like
mewe might see Joey Harrington filling Mike Bellotti's vacated spot for OSN broadcasts, alongside Joe Giansante and Anthony Newman.
- Changing gears to hoops... Dana Altman is preparing the Ducks for an off-season swing through Europe. One lingering question, however: are the Ducks healthy enough to field a team? Malcolm Armstead's decision to stay at Oregon certainly helps.
Jeez, that's enough quack to satisfy a small army of Whitaker neighborhood anarchists. If you've got more, please share in the comments. Go Ducks!